Labor Day is an American Holiday to honor the American labor and the contributions that workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country. Workers deserve to take a day break from the grind and celebrate. There are other memories that I also associate with the holiday like my Mother saying, "Never wear white after labor day." as I would try to wear my white sandals one more time, and how you always had that feeling that it was the end of the summer season. The kids are headed back to school, fall sports begin and days are getting shorter. Hopefully, you were able to spend some time outside enjoying the weather in our beautiful state. I will continue to hope for more of those warm and beautiful sunny days before those nippy frosts begin. I have noticed the cooler night temps are bringing in those foggy cool mornings (which means Snow is on its way again). The kind where you need to grab a sweatshirt when running out early only to shed it a few hours later. Always a sure sign that autumn is not too far away. Similar events happen here at the farm that point toward fall coming soon too. Here is the latest list:
1. Breeding season is upon us.
2. I found seeds to harvest and will think about drying herbs.
3. Hanging baskets come down and fall decorations go up.
4. Sunsets come much earlier as daylight hours gets shorter. .
5. Time to pick dried beans and shell for Dried Beans this winter. fully
6. Tomatoes and corn are still being harvested.
7. Trying to get one more planting of crops in before Fall.
And the list goes on
Most of all our Great Labor Day Summer Food is being delivered this weekend. Make sure you have your Fruit and Kabob bags and your Sweet Treats ordered for Labor Day Weekend!! Email or Facebook us your order.